"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies...The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R Martin

18 January 2012

WWW Wednesdays (1)

I've decided to take part in my first weekly meme on my blog and today's meme is WWW Wednesday hosted by MizB on her blog http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/. This sounded like a good meme to start with and hopefully others will share what they've been reading and planning on reading next. 


To play along you just answer the following three (3) questions...
  • What are you currently reading?
  • What did you recently finish reading?
  • What do you think you'll read next?
So here are my answers...

 

What are you currently reading? I'm currently reading an ARC: 'The Raie' Chaelia' by Melissa Douthit. It seems interesting and I do enjoy reading fantasy, adventure novels so only time will tell. Have only read the Prologue so not very far into it and because I have to read it on my computer as a pdf. file it is taking me a bit longer (nothing is as good as snuggling up in bed with a good paperback!). 
                                                                                                      



What did you recently finish reading? I finished 'The Tales of Beedle the Bard' by J.K Rowling this morning in about half an hour seeing as it is a very short book. I felt that I needed a little break from reading big, long books so this was a nice little change and I love the Harry Potter books so I knew I'd enjoy this.I loved the nursery rhymes written in this book, it really added another element to the whole world of witchcraft and wizardry. I especially enjoyed the afterwords written at the end of every tale, afterwords written by Albus Dumbledore himself (hehe I love Dumbledore!) My favourite tale was The Tale of the Three Brothers; the animated version was very good in the last but one film.

What do you think you'll read next? I think I'll throw myself into the world of Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels next and being with the first one 'The Colour of Magic'. I think I tried to read this book when I was younger but his writing style slightly confused me but I think I'm ready to tackle them now and being a lover of fantasy and adventure novels I am sure I will enjoy them!









So there's my books for the week. So I'd love to hear your answers to the questions below in a comment even if you don't take part in this weekly meme!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments so please leave me a little one below :) Also, Lost in Thought blog is a free award zone. Thank you for the thought!