"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies...The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R Martin

10 February 2012

Two things I cannot wait for this year...

So I was just browsing a news page this morning when I noticed an article wholly dedicated to new pictures and trailer for series two of the Game of Thrones, the tv adaptation of the second book of George R.R Martin's thrilling series A Song of Ice and Fire. I loved these books. Read them all last year and they were amazing. Totally different to alot of fantasy books I've read because almost every character were not as they seemed and there was so much betrayal and back stabbing, and the author was so not afraid of killing off some well loved characters (boo!). If you haven't read them yet...DO IT! I will admit I hadn't heard of the series before the first season aired on tv but I am so glad I did because they are amazing and the tv series was done very well. So I thought I'd post a few pictures and two trailers just too show how excited I am for the second season (and for season 1 being released on dvd!):

 
Game of Thrones: Season 2 "Cold Winds"
 
 Game of Thrones: Season 2 "Shadows"

 And now for three pictures of my three favourite characters:

Tyrion Lannister

Daenerys Targaryen

Jon Snow (swooooon!)

So there we are. I am eagerly awaiting this second series, lovelovelove it. My second thing this year I cannot wait for is a long long way away, towards the end of the year - The Hobbit. I lovelovelove anything Tolkien him being my favourite author and I am so looking forward to seeing his lively little tale brought to the big screen. I cannot wait to see the beginning of the film when all the dwarves end up on poor Bilbo's doorstep, or the scene with the three trolls or the scene when they're all bobbing along in barrels in the river escaping the clutches of the elves. Eeeeee really I can't wait for it all and the fact that its being split into two films will be great because then every little bit can be put it (hopefully!). I loved this book, it is so funny so I am really looking forward to seeing what the mighty Peter Jackson has done with it. And my opinion on the adding of characters (such as Frodo, Legolas, Galadriel and new ones etc) is that I don't think it'll ruin the film at all. I can understand why they've done it because they need to pull in not just the book fanatics but the Lord of the Rings film fanatics and by having a few familiar faces it'll give those fans a bit of a connection. And I love the idea of the film starting with Bilbo reading his story to Frodo. The Lord of the Rings films did come first in this instant so it'll be nice to return to Bag End with the old Bilbo and Frodo. And I think its great that they may add in some extras from the appendix and stuff just to give the story even more depth. I cant wait! So here's the trailer that I love (especially the dwarves singing!) and a few photos. I love Bag End and seriously want to build a house like that to live in!:

 The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments so please leave me a little one below :) Also, Lost in Thought blog is a free award zone. Thank you for the thought!