"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies...The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R Martin

15 April 2012

In My Mailbox #8

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted over @The Story Siren. I've bought and received quite a few books in the last two weeks so now I want to show them off for you all to see :) No matter how good I try to be with money I always spend spend spend when it comes to books! 


Bought:
Elizabeth I: A Novel - Margaret George (Goodreads)
The Song of Achilles - Madeline Miller (Goodreads)
The White Queen - Phillipa Gregory (Goodreads)
A Dance with Dragons: Part 1 Dreams and Dust - George R. R. Martin
A Dance with Dragons: Part 2 After the Feast - George R. R. Martin (Goodreads)
Remember, Remember the Fifth of November: The History of Britain in Bite-Sized Chunks - Judy Parkinson (Goodreads)


I've had a productive two weeks book buying wise! I treated myself to the Dance with Dragons books with some babysitting money and it was £7 for the two in Asda's so I really couldn't go wrong with the price. I've read the book but it was my brother's hardback version, and so I've now completed my little collection of his books that are upto date. I bought The White Queen for 50p in a charity store. I haven't read any of Philippa Gregory's books and have heard mixed reviews about her books but I love historical fiction so will just have to wait and see and judge for myself. I wandered into Waterstones and saw the Elizabeth I book. I have wanted this book for a while now but amazon never seem to have it in stock even though its a new book. I love Margaret George's books and knew I had to have it! It is such a pretty book cover wise. There was also a buy one get one half price deal on so picked up The Song of Achilles. I love Greek mythology so hopefully it'll be good! Remember, Remember was 99p for kindle so it was as cheap as chips!

Free Kindle:
Hermes the Olympian - David Rosser (Goodreads)
Darkness Rising - Ross M. Kitson (Goodreads)
The Cordello Quest - Joanna Gawn with Ron Dickerson (Goodreads)

I just add a load of free books from amazon to my kindle that I find interesting. These three sounded pretty good so they were bought and delivered to my kindle before I could blink.

Received for Review:
Prophecy of the Most Beautiful (Oracle of Delphi) - Diantha Jones (Goodreads)
Dark Passage - M. L. Woolley (Goodreads)
Grave Mortality - JC Finch (Amazon)

Netgalley:
The King's Concubine - Anne O'Brien (Goodreads)
Dreamers of the Grail - Dale Geraldson (Goodreads) 

What's in your mailbox this week?
x

4 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for stoping by my blog :) You've got some great books this week yourself. I need to read the Game of Thrones series!

    Angela @ The Little Blue Pig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul. I love Margaret George, i have her Cleopatra book and it was awesomeness wrapped in awesome. the king's concubine looks good, can't wait to hear about it. Happy reading this week
    here's my IMM
    http://bythebroomstick.blogspot.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-10.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her Cleopatra book is one of my favourite books but her Helen of Troy book is also amazing.

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean. I am such a spend thrift when it comes to books. NO CONTROL! ;-)

    New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments so please leave me a little one below :) Also, Lost in Thought blog is a free award zone. Thank you for the thought!