I know I've posted twice today but I've seen a number of other bloggers posting new years resolutions in regards to books and blogging so I thought I'd write up a speedy post of what I want to accomplish as a reader and as a blogger in 2013. My blog will be one years old on the 12th of this month (international giveaway to come!) and in my almost year of blogging I've learned quite a lot about what not to do and what to do more of. I can't wait to dive right into the new year, pick up a good book and immerse myself in some blogging.
Happy New Year everyone :)
1. Try and post everyday (when possible) and maybe stick to a schedule. I participate in four/five memes a week and I should really be filling up the other days with reviews, posts, interviews etc. Maybe writing up a list or a plan will help me sort things out. Organisation isn't really me strong point though....
2. Write more reviews. I am terrible when it comes to reviews. I write some maybe now and then but it takes me so long to write reviews. Maybe that can be another resolution. To write up reviews asap and not let the reviews just pile up and up. I need to get to them right away before all the information and story just disappears from my head.
3. Write more posts. Personal quotes maybe concerning books and reading of course. Maybe posts about blogging in general. I don't write enough posts except a few reviews and memes so I need to come up with some others I think.
4. More giveaways! I don't do enough giveaways for all of my lovely followers so I really need to do some more. This whole being a poor student thing though sometimes gets in the way!
1. Read 80 books this year! I have signed up the goodreads challenge so I'm aiming very high this year. I read 60 in 2012 so I need to read more this year :)
2. Read different genres. In 2012 I began reading science fiction and YA so I'm thinking more of those are needed along with some steampunk.
3. Buy a new bookcase. Or two. Seriously my books need nice new homes, so a trip to IKEA is needed.
4. End (and start) some of the series that are sitting on my shelves waiting to be read. I had the Sookie Stackhouse boxset for my birthday so I really need to read all of those this year.
5. Read more Discworld books by Terry Pratchett. I managed to collect quite a few from charity shops and amazon, so I really need to read more of those this year.
6. Have a mammoth re-read this year of either Harry Potter or The Hobbit/The Lord of the Rings (along with all the other books like The Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales etc). I usually do a re-read every few years and I didn't read these again last year, so maybe I can this year. Maybe I can make a readathon of it if anyone is interested in either series? Please :)
What are your books and blogging New Years Resolutions?
Any ideas for what you'd like to see more of/less of on my blog this year? Don't be shy and let me know :)