"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies...The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R Martin

20 May 2013

Bout of Books: Wrap Up!

Well I didn't think I'd do as good as I did during this readathon! Normally I seem to go into a litte bit of a reading slump during these things but this time round I read more books than I thought I would and had a great time doing it! So lets see how I've done this past week:

My Goals:

  • Read 4 books
  • Get some review books read
  • Write some (belated!) reviews
  • Read during the day not just at night before bed
  •   Try my best to participate in a chat or two
  • Participate in at least two challenges
So not too good accomplishing all the goals I set for myself at the beginning of the week. I just totally forgot about the challenges (doh!) and didn't really have the time between working and reading to join in with a chat plus one was at 2am here so I was fast asleep! I'm really slow writing reviews but hoping to get quite a few written this week and posted on the blog! 

Books Read:

 The Eternity Cure - Julie Kagawa (5*)
The 5th Wave - Rick Yancey (5*)
Stung - Bethany Wiggins (3.5*)


Mass Effect: Redemption (Graphic Novel) (4*)
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams (4*)
Dragonslayers: From Beowulf to St. George (Myths and Legends) - Joseph A. McCullough (4.5*)

I'm so pleased that I managed to read a total of 6 books! In total I've read around 1540 pages! So all in all it has been a great readathon and I've read some amazing books! Managed to read 4 review books and then 2 that were short and something I could throw myself into and enjoy! I've also managed to catch up with my goodreads challenge and I'm now only 1 behind not 8 like I was the other week! Yay! I will definitely be participating in the next readathon in August! 

3 comments:

  1. I really wanna get my hands on 5 wave and The Eternity Curse. I can't actually believe you managed to read 6 books. I've been so lazy lately, I have about a 100 books in my room waiting for me to get of the computer and read them but every time I decided to read something I suddenly come up with something else to do. I actually redesigned my blog so I wouldn't have to go through the daunting task of choosing a book. Well done you.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of pages! :D And BIG hurray for catching up on the Goodreads challenge!! I read a decent amount this week, but still want to work on reading MORE in general.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you still got a lot read! And the most important thing is having fun. :-D Hope you enjoyed the books, I loved The Eternity Cure, and the Mass Effect comic looks fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments so please leave me a little one below :) Also, Lost in Thought blog is a free award zone. Thank you for the thought!