"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies...The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R Martin

04 June 2013

Wishlist Wednesday #38

Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Dani over @Pen to Paper and is a great way of showing off the books that we are dying to get our hands on :)

 Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles #2) - Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl


SPOILERS AHEAD! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ BEAUTIFUL CREATURES YET!

Ethan Wate used to think of Gatlin, the small Southern town he had always called home, as a place where nothing ever changed. Then he met mysterious newcomer Lena Duchannes, who revealed a secret world that had been hidden in plain sight all along. A Gatlin that harbored ancient secrets beneath its moss-covered oaks and cracked sidewalks. A Gatlin where a curse has marked Lena's family of powerful Supernaturals for generations. A Gatlin where impossible, magical, life-altering events happen.

Sometimes life-ending.

Together Ethan and Lena can face anything Gatlin throws at them, but after suffering a tragic loss, Lena starts to pull away, keeping secrets that test their relationship. And now that Ethan's eyes have been opened to the darker side of Gatlin, there's no going back. Haunted by strange visions only he can see, Ethan is pulled deeper into his town's tangled history and finds himself caught up in the dangerous network of underground passageways endlessly crisscrossing the South, where nothing is as it seems.
 -
I haven't finished Beautiful Creatures yet; I'm about 250 pages in but really enjoying it so far! So much so that I'm already planning on buying the entire series soon but definitely the second book in the next week or so. I absolutely loved loved loved the beginning of Beautiful Creatures. Talk about an atmospheric, foreboding and gothic scene! I really wasn't sure if I'd enjoy these books but so far I'm loving the first book so hopefully I'll get the complete series asap and just fly through them all! Also I'm hoping to get the DVD later this month to see how it measures up to the book!
 

6 comments:

  1. Nice pick. I have yet to start the series. Hopefully after the exams I can dive into my TBR pile like a maniac.

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to start this series :) I've heard some pretty good things about it!

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the first one, but didn't continue. (To be honest, I didn't love it -- but let me know if it gets better!). I hope you enjoy!

    Lisa
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read this series for a long time, but just haven't had the chance. You just reminded me that I really need to get on it! xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't got this far in the series you but, I did like the first one! I hope you get it soon!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/06/wishlist-wednesday-50.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read beautiful creatures a while ago and loved it! I really need to get going with this one!

    Great choice :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments so please leave me a little one below :) Also, Lost in Thought blog is a free award zone. Thank you for the thought!