"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies...The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R Martin

31 July 2013

A Month in Books & Extras: July!

Wow I haven't been active on my blog for a full on month. Just goes to show how absolutely crazy July has been for me. At the beginning of the month I went to London Film and Comic Con which was amazing and met a few of the Game of Thrones Cast (Cersei, Khal Drogo and Tyrion)! I'll definitely do a post on it showing you photos and autographs and stuff but here's a little peek: 

 Whilst there I also attended the Mortal Instruments panel which was really good where Cassandra Clare and Jamie Campbell-Bower was present. I was so gutted that I missed the signing as I had to go and have my photoshoot with Lena Headey (Cersei). 

Then, the following week after that I graduated with a 2:1 in English Literature from Swansea University. It was such a great day but I was so bloody hot in my gown! But the scorching weather meant that I could have photos on the beach:


Following my graduation I went to Greece for two whole weeks to my favourite island Kefalonia (third time in a row there now!). It was just so relaxing after some stressful few months in uni and I just loved everything about it. I just loved Greece as I am obsessed with Greek Mythology. It also provided some amazing time for reading! A few days after returning I went on a weekend trip to Amsterdam for a friends hen do. It was so much fun. I really loved Amsterdam as a city, it was so pretty and I'd definitely return. 

So now onto the books. I had an amazing reading month thanks to sitting all day on the beach sunbathing. I read 14 books in total in July! So happy as I am now 7 books ahead in my goodreads challenge of reading 80 books this year. My favourite book of the month was definitely Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas but I also really really enjoyed The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes. 

Books Read in July:






This month is a lot less hectic than last month so hopefully I can get back into the swing of things blogging wise, review some books and do a few posts a week from now! 

 

2 comments:

  1. You met Jason Mamoa??????? I'm so jealous I don't have the words. But what an awesome line-up of books you read this month! I also have City of Glass up next and I thought the False Prince was just great. The sequel is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow you had such a blast! GoT cast, holidays, books, all of it!
    And congrats again on the graduation! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments so please leave me a little one below :) Also, Lost in Thought blog is a free award zone. Thank you for the thought!