"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies...The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R Martin

18 September 2013

Wishlist Wednesday #42

Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Dani over @Pen to Paper and is a great way of showing off the books that we are dying to get our hands on :)

 Taste of Darkness - Maria V. Snyder (Healer #3)


This synopsis may contain spoilers for books #1 and #2 in the Healer series.


She's fought death and won. But how can she fight her fears?

Avry knows hardship and trouble. She fought the plague and survived. She took on King Tohon and defeated him. But now her heart-mate, Kerrick, is missing, and Avry fears he's gone forever.

But there's a more immediate threat. The Skeleton King plots to claim the Fifteen Realms for his own. With armies in disarray and the dead not staying down, Avry's healing powers are needed now more than ever.Torn between love and loyalty, Avry must choose her path carefully. For the future of her world depends on her decision.

-

This book doesn't come out until the very end of the year but I'm already soooo unbelievably excited for it. Maria V. Snyder is officially one of my favourite others since reading the Study series and both Touch of Power and Scent of Magic earlier this year. They are amazing fantasy books and I really can't wait for this book. The end of Scent of Magic was just pure torture so picking up this book finally will just help calm my emotions and nerves! Really can't wait for this book but will have to satisfy my Snyder book urges with her Glass trilogy for now!
 

9 comments:

  1. Not too familiar with the series and I was a little wary to read the synopsis but-- it sounded really good to resist. :( I think I just spoiled the first two books for myself arghh. But I do really love your pick, so I'll add the first book as a TBR. Thank you so much for checking out my post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've skipped the blurb to avoid spoiling myself for the previous books, but the cover looks amazing! Great pick!


    My WoW: http://pili-inlovewithhandmade.blogspot.com.es/2013/09/waiting-on-wednesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the first book in the Study series years ago though I don't remember much about it now. Not sure why I didn't continue with the series as I think I gave it 3 stars. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wished for this book a few weeks back; I cannot wait for it! Loved the first two. :)
    Hope you get it soon!

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a really fun read. I hope you get it soon!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/09/wishlist-wednesday-64.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good choice! I can't wait for this either! I really hope it's a good ending!

    Dani xxxx
    Pen to paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still haven't read anything by Maria V Snyder - I really have to get onto that because I've heard so many great things about her books! I hope you can get your hands on this one soon!
    Thanks for stopping by my WW :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of this book, but it sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love the cover of this book, haven't heard of it before but I hope you get it soon. Thanks for stopping by!

    Lauren @ Northenr Plunder

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments so please leave me a little one below :) Also, Lost in Thought blog is a free award zone. Thank you for the thought!