"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies...The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R Martin

04 March 2015

February Wrap-Up: A Month in Books!

Well, February was a much better reading month than January! I managed to read 5 books and 1 short story. I'm really happy with those numbers but hope to smash it this month and read that little more! There's so many books I'm excited to read and I just wish I had more time in the day for reading! 

I read some pretty good books this month and one that just blew everything else I've read so far this year out of the water! First I finished The Bone Season. I really, really enjoyed this complex and intricate book with its engaging plot and intriguing characters. Review to come asap! I then dived into The Sin Eater's Daughter. What a fantastic debut. Loved it! Then I moved onto Salvage as I wanted to read something set in space but little did I know it's not really that kind of book. I did enjoy it but wasn't blown away. Really interesting world and set up though. Next came The Red Queen. What a story. It's so full of twists and turns and surprises. Wasn't as amazed by it as I expected to be but nonetheless I loved it. I stumbled upon a short story that accompanies The Winner's Curse series. Bridge of Snow is a really touching tale that deals with Arin's past. I adore the series and when I knew it existed I just had to read it. And last but not least. The most amazing book I've read this year by far. It was so good I know for a fact it'll most probably top my favourite books of 2015. Sarah J Maas' A Court of Thorns of Roses was a beautiful, thrilling and fantastical story that just amazed me. I loved loved loved loved loved it.



The Bone Season - Samantha Shannon (4*)
The Sin Eater's Daughter - Melissa Salisbury (4*)
Salvage - Alexandra Duncan (3.5*)
Red Queen - Victoria Aveyard (4*)
Bridge of Snow - Marie Rutkoski (4*)
A Court of Thorns and Roses - Sarah J Maas (5*)


Best Plot: The Bone Season - Samantha Shannon
 Best Writing: Bridge of Snow - Marie Rutkoski
Best Cover: A Court of Thorns and Roses - Sarah J Maas

Best World: A Court of Thorns and Roses - Sarah J Maas
Best Characters: A Court of Thorns and Roses - Sarah J Maas
Best Ending: Red Queen - Victoria Aveyard
Best Romance: A Court of Thorns and Roses - Sarah J Maas

Most un-put-down-able: The Sin Eater's Daughter - Melissa Salisbury 
Most Memorable: The Sin Eater's Daughter - Melissa Salisbury 
Best Moral: Salvage - Alexandra Duncan

* Inspired by Jess @ Jess Hearts Book *


This Shattered World - Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments so please leave me a little one below :) Also, Lost in Thought blog is a free award zone. Thank you for the thought!