"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies...The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R Martin

24 October 2012

Wishlist Wednesday #15

Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Dani over @Pen to Paper and is a great way of showing off the books that we are dying to get our hands on :)

 The Forsaken - Lisa Stasse
(Goodreads)

 Alenna Shawcross is a sixteen-year-old orphan growing up in a police state formed from the ashes of Canada, the US and Mexico after a global economic meltdown.

But when she unexpectedly fails ‘the test’ - a government initiative which supposedly identifies teens destined to be criminals - she wakes up alone on a remote island reserved for the criminally insane.

Terrified and confused, she soon encounters a group of other teen survivors battling to stay alive, including Liam, a boy who will become her love... and her lifeline.

Soon Alenna makes the terrifying discovery that there’s more to the island (and her past) than she could ever have guessed... But who can she trust? And can she ever escape?

-
The book cover looks very Katniss Everdeen-y don't you think? It looks very dramatic and definitely makes me want to read it. This book sounds quite good and just what I'm enjoying at the moment; dystopian books. This sounds quite Lost like too and I loved that programme. This book is definitely on my to buy list so I hope to have this sitting on my bookshelf in the next few weeks :) 

9 comments:

  1. It reminds me of a Lord of the Flies thing, too, maybe? And I love the name Liam so I think I'll like him! :)
    Hope you're having a good week!

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such a good read, definitely my kind of book :)
    The cover reminds me a lot of Katniss too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, sounds great! I'm kind of wary since it feels like archers are becoming increasingly more popular. But it looks interesting.

    My WW: http://blueskyshelf.blogspot.com/2012/10/wishlist-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah, the synopsis sounds great. Have to add it on my TBR pile :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kinda likeing the cover and it sounds pretty good! :) Thanks for stopping by My WW!

    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  6. EEEEEK this book sounds amazing. I believe it's on my to read list. Love love love the cover. I can see why you're wishing for it. Thank you for the comment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book looks so good, I've added it to my wish list :)

    Cdee x

    readandreview4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book has been on my wishlist for ages! I like this cover but I prefer the US cover because it's prettier! But the synopsis sounds amazing and I can't wait to read it! Hope you enjoy it when you get it :)
    Samantha @ the secretlifeofabookworm x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds fab - definite echoes of HG, for sure, but I love the Lost-style setting. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments so please leave me a little one below :) Also, Lost in Thought blog is a free award zone. Thank you for the thought!