"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies...The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R Martin

04 March 2012

In My Mailbox #3

Oooh, I'm looking forward to showing you all what I had in my mailbox this week! So much to show off! I had a lovely signed book in my actual mailbox for review, I bought a few from a charity store and I bought a massive bundle of free books my brand new kindle! So much to show off! This fab meme is hosted by The Story Siren and its a great chance to show everyone what books you've bought, borrowed and received this week! So here's my very long list:

Bought:
 Guards! Guards! - Terry Pratchett (Goodreads)
The Prince and the Pilgrim - Mary Stewart (Goodreads)
Here Was A Man - Norah Lofts (Goodreads)
Roma - Steven Saylor (Goodreads)

These four books were some little finds that I stumbled across in a charity store and discount book store. I've been looking for Terry Pratchett's discworld novels every time I pop out and Guards! Guards! is the new book for my growing collection. I loved Mary Stewarts Merlin trilogy so when I saw The Prince and the Pilgrim I bought it straight away. I love arthurian literature so this hopefully will be a good read. The Norah Lofts book was 49p so I really couldn't pass it up! And I love ancient history so Roma sounded like a book that I should really own and it look so good! 

Received for Review:


Heart of Perdition - Selah March (Goodreads)
Lady Anne's Quest - Susan Page Davis (Goodreads)
The Book of Lost Fragrances - M.J Rose (Goodreads)
Tom Fleck - Harry Nicholson (Goodreads)

The first three books are from netgalley and they all look really interesting especially The Book of Lost Fragrances. So there's three more books added to my long list of review books! And Tom Fleck was sent to me in the post by the author and it was so kind of him to sign it and he also wrote a greeting card. Its a lovely paperback so I'm looking forward to diving into it! 

Free for Kindle:
I seriously couldn't be bothered to list all of these books and link them up to goodreads! I would start to grow old by the time I'd be done! So hopefully some of you find them interesting as they are all available on amazon for free so go check them out! I went a little overboard and I still can't stop searching amazon for free books! I love it. 

So there's the contents of my mailbox for this week! What did you buy, receive and borrow? x

3 comments:

  1. Wow. You have very different taste than I do in books, but these covers are very eye-catching.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what a great haul! Your IMM is a combination of everything! =D

    I love Jane Eyre! =D

    Enter to win a signed paperback copy of Oppression by Jessica Therrien here!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So many beautiful books! Great haul! Enjoy!

    Here's mine:

    http://wickedlybookish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments so please leave me a little one below :) Also, Lost in Thought blog is a free award zone. Thank you for the thought!