"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies...The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R Martin

22 March 2012

Sun, sea and aching legs...

It's been so lovely here; nice, warm and sunny. Perfect for a nice little walk. Did I say little? No I meant a very long walk that has resulted in alot of aches and pains today. I go to Swansea university and it is right on the seafront, but funnily enough I never go to the beach. Well it is way too cold in the winter so it was nice to get out into the sunshine and walk along the seafront. The flat I share with two girls is really close to the beach too. I think it's just my utter laziness that stops me from going to the beach. My bed is just too warm sometimes. We walked to the Mumbles, a lovely little spot in Swansea and it took us (me and my flatmate) 1 hour and 30 minutes just to walk to the pier and then the same amount of time back. It was a lovely walk just chit chatting and getting some fresh air. We thought maybe we'd walked 6 miles in total...noooo...9.6 miles! I nearly fainted when we got home and not just because my legs were about to give way! 9.6 miles for someone who hasn't exercised in a year is crazy! I congratulated myself afterwards with some chips from the chippie and a cookie! I thought I deserved it after that massive feat! Anyway, as I lie in bed now aching all over I thought I'd share with you some photos of our journey. 
We were aiming at walking to the end of the land over there where Mumbles pier was and where there was a lighthouse. And so the long journey begins...
This is a shot of where we began our walk, and we're about half way here. Our flat is quite close to the white tower on the right if you can see it at all. A long way away...
We made it! Here's the photo of the lighthouse by Mumbles Pier. There's some lovely cafe's around on the seafront here but seeing as we thought we were going just for a walk we didn't take any money so sadly ice cream was out of the question. Boo.
The sun began to set before we started on our very long journey home. I love the pink light when the sun sets. We left the flat around 4:15pm and arrived home around nearly half seven so it was a very long walk. I am aching so much but it was nice to get out in the fresh air on such a lovely day! Sometimes I forget that I live by the sea and its such a pretty place to live and go to uni...
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments so please leave me a little one below :) Also, Lost in Thought blog is a free award zone. Thank you for the thought!