"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies...The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R Martin

15 January 2013

Wishlist Wednesday #25

Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Dani over @Pen to Paper and is a great way of showing off the books that we are dying to get our hands on :)

Wool - Hugh Howey

 An epic story of survival at all odds and one of the most anticipated books of the year.

In a ruined and hostile landscape, in a future few have been unlucky enough to survive, a community exists in a giant underground silo.

Inside, men and women live an enclosed life full of rules and regulations, of secrets and lies.

To live, you must follow the rules. But some don't. These are the dangerous ones; these are the people who dare to hope and dream, and who infect others with their optimism.

Their punishment is simple and deadly. They are allowed outside.

Jules is one of these people. She may well be the last.

This book sounds so good! It sounds like a great post apocalyptic, dystopian book with a thrilling story. I can't get enough of dystopian novels right now and this would be great for the dystopian challenge that I'm participating in this year. I've had this one on my wishlist for quite a while now and I think it has finally been released as an omnibus so I think I'll take the plunge and buy it soon :) 

5 comments:

  1. Woah this sounds really good! I can't believe that this is the first I've actually heard of it though. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh I totally want to read this one, I've been eying it for a while now. Hope we both get it soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice choice! :)

    http://www.fortheloveoffilmandnovels.com/2013/01/wishlist-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting, I guess! I swore I'd leave my hands off of dystopians in 2013 because they usually tend to annoy me a lot, but if the reviews for this one turn out really great, I might break my promise and give it a shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting... I've read too much dystopian sci-fi lately that I've needed a break from it, but this sounds good. Hope you post a review!

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments so please leave me a little one below :) Also, Lost in Thought blog is a free award zone. Thank you for the thought!