"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies...The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R Martin

04 February 2013

Beloved Book Quotes #4

Welcome to my new weekly feature Beloved Book Quotes where every week I'll be sharing with you all a favourite quote, a new quote that I find interesting or even an old quote that has found its way back into my head after sometime. I'll explain what this quote means to me and what it may say about the story/characters in general and why it has been chosen.

Beloved Book Quote #4 

 I thought I'd dedicate this weeks Beloved Book Quotes post to the release of Scarlet by Marissa Meyer! I received my pre-order of the book on Saturday and I can't wait to get stuck into it. I absolutely loved Cinder; it was definitely one of my favourite books of last year. We all know that traditional fairy tales begin with "Once Upon a Time..." and I loved how Meyer reshaped the Cinderella tale to create an amazing book like Cinder. I loved the sci-fi aspect of the story and just found it all a uniquely magical tale that had me transfixed right from the first page. I also love fairy tales and I love Cinderella; I'm like a big kid with Disney films and bought Cinderella the other day! So I can't wait to read Scarlet which weaves in the tale of Little Red Riding Hood into the story and how it all ties in with Cinder and her journey!

Check out my review of Cinder and my review of The Lunar Chronicles short story The Queen's Army!

1 comment:

  1. hey! I am a new follower to your blog. I found you via Goodreads. Please follow me back at sychofaeriesbookobsession.blogspot.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments so please leave me a little one below :) Also, Lost in Thought blog is a free award zone. Thank you for the thought!