"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies...The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R Martin

30 November 2013

November Wrap Up: A Month in Books!

November was a slow reading month. Work was a little stressful this month and it affected my reading a bit. I just can't get used to early mornings and before I can even pick up a book at night, I'm dreaming away absolutely shattered. I did manage to read 5 books though and one was a little chunky so I'm happy I managed to squeeze it in before the month ended. I read 4 review books (which I have yet to review but will do so asap!) for Netgalley November. My first book of the month was Taste of Darkness by Maria V Snyder and I was so excited to read this as I loved her two previous books in the series. It was an amazing ending to one of my favourite series of the year. I picked Witchstruck up not knowing if I'd enjoy it or not as I haven't read much books to do with witches. It was such an interesting book and I loved the mix of historical fiction and magic! Shadowplay was such an intriguing and complex book full of mystery and magic and I really enjoyed it. The last review book was Pawn and it really surprised me. It was exciting and full of twists and turns that upped up the suspense and gave a fresh spin on all of the dystopian books out there at the moment. 

My favourite book of the month - or my whole existence that is - was The Book Thief. I can't put into words how beautiful and earth shattering this book is. It was so perfect and so incredibly sad. I just sad there in shock after finishing the last line. It was beautiful.

Books Read in November:

 
 Taste of Darkness - Maria V Snyder (5*)
Witchstruck - Victoria Lamb (3*)
Shadowplay - Laura Lam (4*)
Pawn - Aimee Carter (4*)
The Book Thief (5* x100)

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Taste of Darkness! Soooo excited to get my hands on it. I'm happy to hear you found the ending satisfying. That is always a worry of mine; the ending.
    Oh The Book Thief. There can't be anybody out there that doesn't love that book. It is amazing.
    Great November reads Becca!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments so please leave me a little one below :) Also, Lost in Thought blog is a free award zone. Thank you for the thought!