"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies...The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R Martin

16 September 2014

August Wrap Up: A Month in Books!

This is so late but just finding it hard to keep blogging at the moment. But hopefully I'll get back into! August was a good reading month for me mainly because I spent a portion of it lounging on the beach with a book in my hand. I ended up reading 9 books in August and 3 graphic novels so 12 in total. 

I finished A Little in Love by Susan Fletcher, a Les Miserables re-telling of Eponine's story. It was beautiful and heart-wrenching - so lovely. Then I read Saga Volume 1 & 2. Crazy; bat-shit crazy and just plain awesome - was so much fun to read. Not for the faint hearted and those easily shocked! Next I read the mammoth The Walking Dead, Compendium 1 which surprisingly only took me two days to get through and I really enjoyed it but phew was it a rollercoaster ride. No one was safe from the flesh eating zombies or the humans left behind - nail biting stuff. Ruin and Rising was a great ending to an amazing series but it wasn't my favourite of the trilogy. I just wanted more but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. I then read two travel books. I've never read non-fiction or travel literature but I loved it. The Road Headed West was a really insightful read. I loved the ins and outs of traveling by bike across North America. I really enjoyed the film Into the Wild so it was great to read the book it was based on. Chris McCandless was such an inspirational individual but so frustrating that I couldn't make my mind up about him. I loved the sense of adventure that permeated throughout the book though. Since You've Been Gone came next and I especially enjoyed how realistic the characters were. Such a fun summer read! I then read Lola and the Boy Next Door & Isla and the Happily Ever After. The ultimate YA romantic contemporary books. So cute and touching! With This Heart was possibly my favourite read of the month. It was hysterical at times and so touching. I loved the banter between the two characters and the whole road trip aspect was so much fun. Saving June was a little bit of a disappointment and not the right tone of book to read whilst on holiday. So many books and I haven't read any since. Book overload.

Books Read in August:


 The Walking Dead: Compendium 1 - Robert Kirkman (4*)
Saga: Volume 2 - Brian K Vaughan (4*)
Saga: Volume 3 - Brian K Vaughan (4*)
A Little in Love - Susan Fletcher (5*)
Into the Wild - Jon Krakauer (4*)
Ruin and Rising - Leigh Bardugo (4*)
The Road Headed West - Leon McCarron (4*)
Lola and the Boy Next Door - Stephanie Perkins (4*)
Isla and the Happy Ever After - Stephanie Perkins (4.5*)
Since You've Been Gone - Morgan Matson (4.5*)
With This Heart - R S Grey (4.5*)
Saving June - Hannah Harrington (3*)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments so please leave me a little one below :) Also, Lost in Thought blog is a free award zone. Thank you for the thought!