"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies...The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R Martin

06 June 2014

May Wrap-Up: A Month in Books!

I can't believe it's half way through the year already! It's crazy that next month work will be over and the summer would have begun - plenty of time to read hopefully! I had a slower reading month in May due to work, being tired, being busy and also...I've been on holiday. Yep I went to Cyprus during the school half term and it was lovely, the perfect break. I didn't read quite as much as I was hoping to out there but managed to finish 3 books and started another so I'm happy. I managed to read 6 books and 1 graphic novel this month in total so I'm a happy bunny.

Saga: Volume 1 was my first read of the month and I loved it. It was graphic and gritty with some humour and I really enjoyed it. I read it on my kindle but definitely want to buy the entire series in paperback to read. Next was Love Letters to the Dead. It was deeply moving, touching and sweet. Such a lovely book. Delirium and Pandemonium were long over-due reads. I dreaded that because of the hype and popularity surrounding the series I was going to be disappointed but it was amazing. Then on holiday I picked up Insurgent and Allegiant. I was a little disappointed with Divergent so didn't know what to expect. Insurgent was so good, much more enjoyable. Allegiant also good, but gosh - it was such an emotional ending! Lastly I picked up Finnikin of the Rock, honestly not expecting much. I loved it. It was fun, exciting, full of plot twists and surprises - perfect YA fantasy and I can't wait to read the others. 

Me in Fig Tree Bay :)

Books Read in May:
Delirium - Lauren Oliver (5*)
Pandemonium - Lauren Oliver (4*)
Insurgent - Veronica Roth (4*)
Allegiant - Veronica Roth (4*)
Finnikin of the Rock (5*)
Love Letters to the Dead - Ava Dellaira (4*)

Graphic Novels Read in May:
Saga: Volume 1 - Brian K Vaughan (4.5*)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments so please leave me a little one below :) Also, Lost in Thought blog is a free award zone. Thank you for the thought!