"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies...The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R Martin

20 July 2014

Showcase Sunday #54: YALC Edition

It's Sunday and that means one thing; Showcase Sunday a fun weekly meme hosted by Vicky over @Books, Biscuits and Tea. It's a great way of showing off what we've bought, borrowed and received this week.
So I went to LFCC (London Film & Comic Con) last weekend. I've gone to a few of these events since my first last year and knew I'd definitely be there after they announced that the first YALC (Young Adult Literature Convention) would take place there this year. Super excited I dragged along a huge back of books to get signed for the weekend. Out of the 10 or more that I took I managed to get three signed. Three. I bought two and got those signed too but I was so disappointed. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the entire weekend but Saturday was manic and after waiting in Rainbow Rowells' line for over an hour and a half I just couldn't do it again. I didn't get to any of the panels or the talks or workshops as it was just so busy and I wanted to see the stalls in the rest of the hall and some of the big guests. Plus some of the authors I wanted to see I didn't see there at all or they had already left without my knowledge. Amazing event, hats off to the organisers but I really hope that if there's one in the future it's in a separate hall or a separate event all together. One thing I loved was the free swag tables and the little book corner with bean bags and a book wall. Anyway on to the books. There's quite a few here that I bought before the event, for the event and during the event. Lots of graphic novels from LFCC too :)

BOOKS:

GRAPHIC NOVELS:

FREE STUFF:

WON:
Big thanks goes to Ellie over @ Curiosity Killed the Bookworm :)

REVIEW:
Thank you Chicken House! Can't wait to read this one!

5 comments:

  1. YAY for events happening closer to me! Maybe next year I can plan for YALC and hopefully it'll be a bigger thing on its own!
    YAY for loads of awesome free swag (Fangirl tote!!) and yay for getting books signed! Even if not as many as you hope...
    Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, what an awesome haul! I wish I was able to attend such an event, and gather all these goodies myself! I must get on comics, I doubt one can buy some here.
    So many awesome things, and yay for signed books! :D I think those are the best. :D
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was an awesome event!! Love your haul there and all those cute bags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was at YALC as well on sat and my thoughts are exactly the same as yours! It was manic, badly organised and I queued for an hour to see Malorie Blackman and then was told they were cutting the queue as she had to go! I then started queuing for Rainbow, but I was so hot and it was so crowded that I just gave up :(
    I really hope they make it a separate event too next time! At least you managed to bag loads of freebies! There are some awesome books there! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bummer about the crowds and missing authors, Becca! It the same thing here for the Los Angeles Times Book Festival. Long lines, horrible parking situation, and very little author time. I went twice. Will never go again. I have a copy of Fangirl and Landline as well, and I look forward to reading them after loving Attachments. Enjoy your books! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments so please leave me a little one below :) Also, Lost in Thought blog is a free award zone. Thank you for the thought!